Definition of Terms
Dog Walking Service
Dog walking involves mid-day walks while you are at work Monday through Friday. It is usually one walk per day. Double walks are common for puppies or people who work long hours. Go to my dog walking rates section if you need this service.
Pet Sitting Service
Pet sitting is when you are away one or more days and most often is for cats and dogs, though any type of pet can have this service It involves providing food, water, administering medication, cleaning litter, playtime, and walks throughout the day for dogs. Go to my pet sitting rates section if you need this service.
Pet Boarding Service
Boarding is when your pet stays at a pet sitter’s home for some period of time. It includes all the same responsibilities as for pet sitting. This is good for dogs who get anxious when alone for long periods of time. Boarding is NOT so good for cats because they are better when left in their home. Go to my dog and cat boarding rates section if you need this service.
In-Home Pet Sitting
Same as for boarding but is when the pet sitter stays at YOUR place where your pets are in familiar surroundings (best for cats). I do not offer this service at this time
Pet Taxi Service
Pet taxi services are most often for trips to the vet or groomers during the workweek. This would also be common for senior citizens who do not drive anymore, people with disabilities, or people sick or injured. I believe there is also a service where they can go shopping for pet food and supplies for similar reasons. I do not offer this service.
Dog Daycare Service
This is care throughout the day while you are at work as opposed to a single walk. It involves many dogs staying at a facility during the workday. Daycare providers tend to offer half-day for 5 hours or full day for 12 hours. The owners need to drop off their dog in the morning and pick them up after work. I do not offer this service.
Dog Walking Rates and Services
I offer mid-day walks from 10 am to 3:30 pm. The walk lengths I offer are 15, 20 and 30-minutes. I also can visit 2x’s a day or more for puppies or elderly dogs who need more than 1 visit per day.
My rates are competitive with, if not better than, other dog walking companies in the area.
My service area is zip 19130 (see Service Area page). Dog walks for 30 minutes are only available if I have open time slots and are not available from 11am-2pm
Dog Walking Rates
- Standard: my dog walk rate: is $12 for 15 minutes, $15 for 20 minutes, and $19 for 30 minutes.
- Puppies (or 2 or more visits\day): same as the standard dog walk rate above.
- Nights & weekends: 15-minute walks are $12, dog walk rates for the 20 and 30-minute walks increase by $3 to $18 & $22 respectively.
- * Fee for 2nd dog: $3 extra for the 15 & 20-minute walks, $4 for the 30-minute walk.
* If both dogs are easy to walk there is no charge for the 2nd dog.
Pet Sitting Rates and Services
I also offer pet sitting. This is a better option for dogs than staying at a dog kennel or moving your cats to new surroundings. Your pets stay where they are most comfortable with familiar sights and smells.
I can visit up to 3x’s a day for dogs, or 2x’s a day for cats. I can also make your place looked lived-in by leaving lights on, taking out the trash, getting mail, or turning on the TV or radio for pets who may be more relaxed with background sounds.
My service area is approximately the same as for dog walking. Payment is in cash and in advance for new clients. There is a $5 surcharge for major holidays (see the Notes section below). Pet sitting hours are ~ from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM.
Dog Sitting Rates
- Standard: my dog sitting rate: is $12 for 15 minutes, $15 for 20 minutes, and $18 for 30 minutes.
- Nights & weekends: 15-minute walks are $12, dog sitting rates for the 20 and 30-minute visits increase by $3 to $18 & $21 respectively.
- Fee for 2nd dog: $3 extra for the 15 & 20-minute walks, $4 for the 30-minute walk.
Cat Sitting Rates (and other pets)
- Standard: my cat sitting rate: is $12 for 15 minutes, $15 for 20 minutes, and $18 for 30 minutes.
- Nights & weekends: 15-minute visits are $12, cat sitting rates for the 20 and 30-minute visits increase by $3 to $18 & $21 respectively.
- 2nd daily visit rate for cats or pets needing medicine:: $6 for a 7-8 minute visit only.
- Fee for 3 or more cats: $3 extra for the 15 & 20-minute walks, $4 for the 30-minute walk.
* Pet sitting includes dog walks (if applicable), filling food\water bowls, cleaning the litter box, bringing in mail, taking out the trash, turning on\off lights, watering plants, etc.
** Initial consultation is FREE. Additional visits to pick up keys or for other reasons is $10, so it is a good idea to have the keys available or else drive them to my house. Payment for pet sitting must be in cash and upfront.
*** Summers and holidays book up fast, so call to reserve a spot at least 7 days in advance, although 2 weeks or more is recommended. I do not take on clients who need visits every, or every other, weekend over the summer.
Cat and Dog Boarding Rates and Services
I also offer cat & dog boarding for cat-friendly dogs (I own 1 cat). I have a yard and a separate back room for bigger dogs. My yard is 25′ x 50′, half grass, and half concrete, with a 6′ high wooden fence. Your pets will receive personal attention, feeding, 3 walks per day, etc.
I do require that you provide food, treats and anything else your pet would need. Payment is 1/2 upfront in cash for new clients and used as a deposit to reserve a spot.
ALSO, YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR DOG TO MY PLACE TO TEST THAT ALL THE PETS GET ALONG.
Cat & Dog Boarding Rates
- Cat Boarding Rate 24 hrs: $40
- Dog Boarding Rate 24 hrs: $501
- Puppy Boarding Rate 24 hrs: $65
- Fee for 2nd dog or cat: $10
1 Overnight stays and boarding for dogs include morning, afternoon, and evening walks. I have limited availability (1 pet at a time) so email to see if an opening is available for the time you need boarding (at least 2 weeks notice). I do board 2 dogs at a time for people with 2 dogs, but not 2 dogs with different owners.
* Pertaining to dog boarding: Proof of up-to-date shots AND use of Frontline or Advantage flea and tick control is required. And it is first-come, first-served, so to reserve a spot you need to pay 1/2 upfront. Puppies must be house-broken and no younger than 16 weeks old.
** CAT BOARDING: I only board spayed \ neutered cats so you will need to provide the number of the vet or cat rescue that fixed your cat.
Pet Portrait Photography Rates
I also offer professional quality Pet Portraits (I am a former portrait photographer). See the Pet Portraits page for examples.
* Free for clients
* $50 for a half-hour, digital processing included
* $90 for 1 hour of shooting, digital processing included
Pet Service Notes
1. Receive 1 free dog walks when you refer a new client who needs a dog walker. Online reviews are also greatly appreciated!
2. Forms of payment: cash or check.
3. There is a $2 fee for mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays for single walks of 30 minutes or longer (dog visits only). I do charge $2 for each key if I need to make a copy of your key(s), and $10 for a second visit to pick a key (or any other reason), so have it ready for the initial visit.
4. There is an additional charge of $5 per visit for major holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
5. I leave a business card after every visit detailing how the walk \ visit went, and I will alert you by phone or text if your pet is acting different or shows signs of being sick.
6. HOURS OF SERVICE: I can walk\visit your pet as early as 7:30 am and as late as 8:00 pm (no walks from approximately 3:30-7:00 PM).