Fairmount Pet Service
Dog Walking | Pet Sitting | Boarding | Pet Portraits | Blog
About Fairmount Pet Service
My name is Jim Kernicky and I am originally from Delaware County. I have been living in Philadelphia since 2003 and in the Fairmount area since 2007. I started Fairmount Pet Service in the summer of 2008.
Although my main pet service is dog walking, I also offer pet sitting & boarding services, as well as professional pet portraits.
Take a look at the rest of the site or send me an email if you have any questions or would like to schedule some services.
Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Services & Service Area
Here is a list of all the services I offer:
- Dog walking: I offer dog walking throughout the day while you are at work. Take a look at my dog walking rates.
- Pet sitting: Sitting services for cats, dogs or any type of pet while you are on vacation or out of town. I have experience pet sitting many dogs and cats, as well as rabbits, lizards, ferrets & tropical fish. Take a look at my pet sitting rates.
- Pet boarding: I can also board your dog or cat at my place though there are some requirements. Take a look at my boarding rates and requirements.
- Pet portraits: Finally, I offer professional quality portraits of your pets. Check out my pet portrait prices.
- Pet service business web design: If you are interested, I offer web building services but I do not have rates available right now. Contact me if you are interested in that.
I’ll take care of any special instructions that you have when it comes to caring for your pets. You’ll be hard-pressed to find more affordable services, and I do not charge for consultations or have hidden fees. My area of service for dog walking is:
19130: Poplar Street to the north, Pennsylvania Avenue and Hamilton Street to the south, 27th Street to the west, and to the east, it is Corinthian Avenue north of Fairmount Avenue and to 19th Street below Fairmount Avenue.
My area of service for Pet Sitting is the same but also extends to 17th Street below Fairmount Avenue.
In May of 2018, I created the blog section of the website. My goal in creating the blog is to share advice, tips, and insights for pet owners, as well as other per service providers. I’m sure you will find the content useful.
You can search my pages and articles for specific keywords by using the search box located in the right sidebar and footer. Or go directly to each of my blog categories to scan the tiles for an interesting subject:
- Dog walking: This category covers more than just walking your dog and is the category with the most articles.
- Pet sitting: Covers all aspects of having your pet stay at your sitter’s place or your sitter making visits to your place.
- Pet services: Articles on other types of services such as grooming, training, etc.
- Pet business: This category is focused on helping people start their own dog walking or pet sitting business, but you can also gain insight into my experience and capabilities reading the articles.
For my full story, check out my About page where I blabber on about myself (if you are bored and want to read more about me).